HU and vendor provided training will take place on May 10-11. Training sessions will include:
Agile Scrum 101 – Introduction to Agile Scrum (Tuesday only)
Certification preparation for Certified Scrum Master from Scrum Alliance (Tuesday and Wednesday)
Leading SAFe Training for Certified Scaled Agilist (Tuesday and Wednesday)
Agile Scrum 101 – Introduction to Agile Scrum (1 Day)
This one day course provided by Harrisburg University introduces Agile Methods and the Scrum Framework.
This fun and interactive course (which is a part of our graduate program course for those obtaining their M.S. in Project Management) will cover the following topics:
- Agile Scrum Overview
- ScrumBall Scrum Simulation
- Scrum Framework
- User Stories
- Estimating and Planning
- Planning Poker
- Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog
- Sprint Planning and Sprint Execution
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
Who Should Attend the Agile 101 Course
This is for participants that are new to Agile world but want a good overview of it to decide how to begin and leverage agile principles in their teams and projects. This course is not specifically geared to obtaining a certification.
Certified Scrum Master Training (2 Days)
This two-day Certified ScrumMaster certification course taught by Lithespeed provides the jumping off point for you to become a servant leader or effective participant in a Scrum team, allowing you to execute with excellence. On completion of the course and passing a post-course online evaluation, you are registered as Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), the most popular Agile certification, with a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance (www.Scrumalliance.org).
Lithespeed will teach you the essential concepts and tools of Scrum, comparing Agile to waterfall and to ad-hoc approaches. You will learn how to apply proven, practical practices for front-loading essential planning in discovery, planning releases and sprints, tracking and reporting progress, and continually improving via feedback loops, both in a single Scrum Team, and across an organization. You will learn how to effectively facilitate and participant in Scrum ceremonies. You will also learn how to build a roadmap for adopting Scrum.
The course will blend numerous styles to ensure you learn critical concepts by hearing, seeing and doing, including simulation, traditional learning, discussion, quizzes and fun games.
This course is taught by leading Agile practitioners with decades of real-world industry experience at companies ranging from small businesses to the Fortune 100. Exercises, demonstrations, facilitated discussions, case studies, tool and template examples and more are interwoven throughout to illustrate the principles being taught in a comprehensive fashion interactively tailored to the class’s needs, based on real world experience, not ivory-tower theory.
Who Should Attend the CSM Training
Product and line managers, project managers, technical leads, developers, testers, business analysts, and anyone interested in learning more about Scrum and Agile methods.
Learning Objectives of CSM Training:
Attendees will learn how to:
- Remove barriers so business priorities and customer needs drive development
- Adapt via an inspect-and-adapt feedback cycle, getting feedback from the marketplace, customers, stakeholders and teams; improving process and product to maximize ROI
- Holistically apply Lean, Lean Startup, Extreme Programming and Kanban with Scrum
- Split monolithic applications to shorten time to value and learn more quickly
- Use progressive elaboration via rolling-wave planning instead of single-pass waterfall delivery
- Work as a co-located team, distributed team, or a set of related teams
- Improve engineering practices and tools so software is production quality at sprint end
- Guide self-organizing teams via appropriate: team structure, workplace design, team roles and management of interactions with external teams
- Facilitate self-organization via team structure, workplace design, roles and simple rules
- Track and monitor progress via burn down charts and forward looking metrics
- Apply open information via daily-scrums, co-located teams and business-IT partnership
- Focus on customer satisfaction and interaction instead of plans and artifacts
- Adapt Scrum framework to work in non-pristine Agile environments, such as a fixed bid project with predefined requirements, organization with many waterfall dependencies, etc.
- Manage change via customer facilitated, time boxed managed queues instead of change control
- Execute Scrum projects with excellence!
Leading SAFe Training (2 Days)
SAFe is quickly becoming a popular framework to apply Lean, Agile, and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality. Larger organizations use the framework to implement Agile at scale, aligning teams with value streams and establishing a program-level cadence for releases. The Agile Release Train (ART) helps synchronize teams to ensure that the organization is consistently releasing valuable product to market.
This two-day course will prepare leaders to leverage the Scaled Agile Framework in an enterprise Agile transformation. SAFe synchronizes alignment, collaboration, and delivery from Portfolio to Program to Team levels. Participants will develop an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean, Agile, the Agile Release Train (ART), portfolio management, Agile architecture, and scaling Agile processes and practices across the enterprise. Leading SAFe is a prerequisite for SAFe Agilist (SA) Certification.
Who Should Attend the SAFe Training
Executives, managers, and Agile change agents leading the effort to scale Agile and align value-creating efforts across teams.
Learning Objectives of SAFe Training
- Lead the application of Lean thinking and Agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources
- Gain the insights into the leadership skills most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers